I have an outpatient practice as a psychologist located in South Portland Maine. I am currently licensed as a psychologist in Maine, New Hampshire and New York. I see primarily individuals and have office hours Monday thru Friday. If you are interested in working with me in person please contact me and we will discuss arrangements. I accept many forms of commercial insurance as well as Medicare and MaineCare (Medicaid).
- Ph.D. Counseling Psychology, Texas Tech University, 1978
- Licensed as Psychologist in NY since 1980, NH since 1983, ME since 2004, DE since 2010
- Listed in National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology since 1980
- Diplomate American Board of Professional Psychology in Counseling Psychology
- Diplomate and Founding Fellow Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders from the American Psychological Association College of Professional Psychology
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
James Claiborn Ph.D. ABPP ACT
6 D St.
South Portland ME 04106
Phone 207 799-0408 Fax 207 767-7002
Consultation and Coaching
I provide cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of therapy has been found to be effective for a range of problems including anxiety disorders, depression and schizophrenia.I have a special interest in work with Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders, including OCD, Trichotillomania, Compulsive Skin Picking, and Tic Disorders such as Tourette's.
I provide consultation and coaching services by phone or online. This includes video conferencing.If you are interested in coaching you will want to read Coaching.
Under some conditions professional services such as psychotherapy can be provided via computer link. This is known as telehealth service. This is sometimes covered by health insurance. Individuals interested in telehealth services need to contact me to discuss details. Consultation and coaching services can be provided via phone or video conferencing link and paid for by credit card.